The rules of Paintball may vary depending on the type of game we are playing, but there are common rules to all fields of Paintball, and some basic safety rules that we must always follow.
Although there is no official regulation beyond those indicated by the French Paintball Federation or the American Professional Leagues that say how you have to play Paintball, over the years, a series of rules have to be accepted that must be met to That the games work well.
These are the Safety Rules, the Basic Rules of Paintball, and the regulations that apply to each field:
Safety Paintball Rules
There are three basic safety rules in Paintball that must be scrupulously complied with if we want the game to proceed without incident:
1.Safety Mask: Always wear the mask, and never take it off during a game, is the most important rule of Paintball. You have to keep in mind that the first thing we see when we are in an obstacle is the head, so most of the shots will hit us there. That is why it is crucial not to remove the mask during the game.
2. Safety Elements: Whenever we are out of the game, the markers must have the insurance on, the pacifier, and by pointing to the ground. With this, we avoid accidental shots in areas where players do not wear the mask. The golden rule is to put the insurance automatically as soon as I leave the field and place the pacifier as soon as we enter the security zone. The pacifier is a plastic element that is placed at the end of the barrel, and that prevents the ball from coming out in case of an accidental shooting.
3. Security Distance: The third and last of the Paintball rules is that we should not shoot if we are at a distance of fewer than 6 meters. This rule is sometimes difficult to meet because in the middle of a game, with 100% adrenaline, it is difficult to estimate the distances and stop to think whether we should shoot or not, and many times we simply react. But complying with this rule, we ensure that the shot will only sting a little, but in no case will it cause us an injury.
Depending on the games and objectives we have, we can include special Paintball rules for that particular game. For example:
- One impact is considered injured and two death impacts.
- There may be doctors who heal the wounded.
- The limbs or marker may not be considered death.
- Many of these rules can be agreed at the beginning of the game, and can even be modified if the participants see that they can make the game safer or more fun.